Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waiting


This is a picture of the growing collection of painted bamboo "healing sticks" that is springing up in the front yard. It started with an old friend painting a stick red to represent me, then adding other "protective" sticks around it to aid in healing... Now lots of people have been making them and the tribe is growing...

I finished chemo Wednesday and now I have to wait till next Tuesday for the scan and then Thursday for the results... I'm trying to focus on how healthy I feel, hoping that it will be represented in the scan...the alternatives are something I'm staying away from for the moment.

There will be a week or two between treatments and I welcome the rest. Being off chemo and getting my energy back is something that I really look forward to... optimism finds a chance to slip back into my world when I feel normal.

All the support and healing acts that have been coming my way continues to be one of the positive blessings that has come with this disease...I am grateful for all the help... It means more to me than I can express, and continually reminds me of what a special community we live in.

A Chinese friend who gives me weekly acupuncture treatments brought a Feng Shui Master to help heal me. It was a curious and magical experience...part astrology, part traditional healing and part shamanism. He made lots of strange and interesting suggestions (all through translation), many of which we have enacted. It has involved things like: me switching bedrooms and lots of red paint. Ask me sometime about the ritual that involved burying a piece of granite in the back yard to engage and control the ghost spirits which came into my studio with all the animal skulls I've collected over the years... It was something!

I feel like these healers are like angels that have showed up, focused on helping me, so I'm embracing their suggestions as part of my plan to give myself over to the chance of making it through this...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie and I would like to paint a stick. Where do I get a bamboo stick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello David,

    We love checking in with you, reading your thoughtful musings. You remind us that we need to make today count.

    Much love to you both,
    --Anne and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking positive thoughts all day today and will wait to hear your results by the end of the week. Much love. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave,

    I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you had a feng shui master come to your house. It sounds like he did some good things energy-wise. About 2 1/2 years ago, I was in a very bad place, having been through a horrible divorce and then remarrying to a wonderful guy who moved into "my" house that I had previously shared with my former husband. The energy was bad -- we both felt it daily. We also suffered three devastating miscarriages back-to-back while trying to conceive. Master Zhang (same guy?) was visiting from China and came into our house and helped us make some changes similar to the ones you mentioned, followed by a blessing ritual for the whole family including my two older kids. We immediately felt a little difference, and as we made more of the changes he suggested, we felt better and better. We were able to conceive and carry a little boy, Griffin, who is now 15 months old, followed by his unexpected little brother, Asher, born 3 weeks ago. Things have definitely improved and the changes/blessings helped us navigate through a very dark time. I believe that all the things you are doing, combined, form a very positive energy that surrounds you, as will having your daughter back... I continue to think of you all the time.

    Hugs,

    Heather (Norrod) Smith CCHS '91

    ReplyDelete