Friday, January 15, 2010

Letting it do it's thing

Well, I made it through this round of radiation and chemo, and now have a few weeks rest from any treatments while the radiation continues to kills the cancer cells that have been damaged by those powerful, healing beams. I can get back to work helping my body recover, building up my strength and energy. And I can start up yoga and exercise again!

I will not miss driving in to MGH everyday, the hardest part for me has been sitting in the waiting room full of so many suffering people. It's a quiet, sad place... I felt like I didn't belong there, even though my prognosis is probably much worse than most of the people in the place... Ironic I know. It reminded me of a Bruegel or Bosch painting of the gates of hell. I got in and out as fast as I could, even though the people working there were very kind.


On February 9th I'll get new scans, and then on the 11th we'll meet with my medical team to see what happened, and decide what happens next...

8 comments:

  1. You are single-handedly changing the word "sick". Not only as your cousin, but as a physician, I can honestly say you are the healthiest "sick" person I have ever seen. You are incredible, and a true inspiration to all of us. I look forward to talking about this journey with you 30 years from now.

    xoAmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you and pulling for you, Dave.

    Love,
    Mary Leonhardt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are out of the Boschian style waiting space and letting those radioactive beamers do their work. I think they know how to target the area pretty specifically and now just make it "shrink, shrink, shrink". But other than that, you sound very healthy, and sound and getting back to yoga and movement will be the best thing--you are one of the most kinetic people I know! So heal on Dave!
    with ya always,
    Kornarama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave,
    Glad you are getting a rest and will be back circulating all that good chi and prana in yoga class! You continue to amaze and inspire me! Looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful work on Thursday!
    sending love and healing always,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did it and it's done! can't even imagine going into mgh everyday, man 1x a week was bad enough. hope the chocolate hit the spot, that place i got it from is on newbury st. and they have all manner of sinful offerings, you should check it out if you are ever in that area. paul is much better so we are holding our breath til tomorrows blood test. enjoy this pretty snow. your healing sticks look so lovely all lit up at night! heal on my friend, love you both , robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passed your healing sticks all aglow in the snow last evening and said a prayer for you. You are bringing good joss to the whole town, dear Dave. A friend sent me the following quote which I've posted above my computer and want to share with you:
    "You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -- Wayne Gretsky
    Keep shooting, friend!
    XX
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave,
    Have some good time off!
    Love you all,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi David.
    We are so glad that the chemo treatment is working. But it´s not just the chemo, it´s your spirit and determination that are probably doing the most. It was great to see you last summer. Love to you and the family.
    /Anna, Lars, Lisa and Adam

    ReplyDelete