Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back on...


After an energetic week off chemo, I started up again last Thursday. Two weeks on, one week off.
It takes a toll on me, but overall I have been handling it pretty well. I have some problems with thin/cracking skin on my hands and feet, and some stomach problems, but that's about it (and fatigue). My blood counts are acceptable, and I have enough of an immune system to fight off sickness (so far)...

In about a month or so I'll be getting another scan, then switching to a course of radiation and chemo... If that goes well, then I'll get intraoperative radiation therapy...

Daunting, but it's the road I'm on...

Yoga has helped a lot with fatigue and attitude, and teaching is energizing also...

-D

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there David, I think of you, Monika and kiddos every day...

    Sending positive thoughts, hope and love,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image, and the yoga talk warms my spandex. (;

    So glad you are taking care of you. Love and big hug to you, Monica, Sienna an the chickens.
    We miss you mucho mas!!

    xxoo,
    Kym, Vincent and Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see you and Monika at the Danforth last weekend. I'm sending good and positive thoughts your way. Best wishes,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dave,
    Gorgeous photo -- keep 'em coming.
    Your courage is inspiring and we love your attitude!
    The gods (little g and big G) have got to be on your side, you are such a wonderful person. Our thoughts and prayers -- and healthy vibes -- are with you everyday.
    XX
    Tom & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,

    I'm glad to read that you're going strong. We're so sorry we couldn't be at the Danforth opening. I love that museum--love Catherine French.

    Regarding cracked feet--I use something called Heal Balm (for my nasty cracking feet) which is really helpful.

    We think of you every day.

    Love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos.. Timeless...you inspire... enjoy this beautiful fall... much love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dave,
    Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 5770 for continued strength in the good fight and lots of lovely yoga and veggie eating. Am trying to amass a package of love to send.
    Hope the show w/Audrey may work out, it's a lovely space.
    Love and Kisses, Puss n Crumb,
    KorndingO

    ReplyDelete