Saturday, September 12, 2009

A new stent...


On September 11 at Emerson Hospital, I had my temporary stent replaced with another temporary one... The stent keeps my bile duct open; they last about 3 months. The procedure went fine. I'll keep getting temporary one's as long as there's a chance of getting back to an operable state.

Being back teaching at CCHS is going well. I find that I have a lot of energy and my classes are very good. Somehow the fact that I am facing my mortality has raised the level of discourse for me in my classes... It's hard to put my finger on it, but something good is happening.

The image above is one of 5 pieces that I have in the Danforth Museum Photography Biennial 2009. The show runs from Sept 12-Nov 8. 123 Union Ave, Framingham. It's part of my plan to keep my art life moving forward as I face this disease...
xo D

6 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    Your students are in a rare place with you... and lucky to experience the purity of your struggle. Whatever is happening will stay with them for years to come.

    Congratulations on your inclusion in the show, The piece you present here is rich and poignant.

    Be well my friend, best to you, Monika and kiddos.

    love,
    steve and tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave:

    You are a true inspiration to both your students and your colleagues. I think the energy that you are providing to them, and the energy they are giving you in return is what it is all about.

    Best,
    Susan E. Thoreau School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Prif,
    So does that mean that you still take chemo too? Mazel tov on back to school--I find it a pretty difficult transition even under the sort of best circumstances. I imagine that your classes will be full of meaningful discourse and it's graet that your students are able to experience the wonderful artist and person that you are!
    all my love,
    annie aka "korndingo"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your being part of the 2009 Photography show at the Danforth. The opening was lots of fun. The beautiful faces portrayed in your photos were thought provoking and their inner strength was wonderfully captured. Stay strong, Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  5. miss being your student priff =(

    i can't imagine you doing yoga. hehehe

    i'm so grateful for reading these positive blogs, you are absolutely amazing

    much love,
    JULZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the show Prifti. This is such a beautiful, beautiful portrait. Thoughts your way every day.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete