Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

I've been between treatments for almost 3 weeks, and am getting ready to start radiation and chemo early next week.
We're VERY happy to have the kids home this week for Thanksgiving break. Amanda has been accepted to all the schools she's applied to, and has now toured Northeastern and Clark. Soon she'll choose between the two.
Feeling strong and happy these weeks, I've been reflecting on all the blessings in my life. I'm thankful for family, friends and colleagues who have been so central to my life, and have recently risen up to help me in these darker times. I have very few regrets and am grateful and happy in spite of the curveball I've been given...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

- d

7 comments:

  1. Thank you David, for reminding me once again, to appreciate my good life, my good fortune, my family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    Love,
    Anne (Paul's out picking up our first free-range turkey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate these blog updates Prifti. You're definitely in my thoughts but I don't want to pester you too much so the blog is a great idea. The accompanying photos are always brilliant btw. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Prifti-Anderssons.

    Fishbein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgiving Prifti. still sending good thoughts your way.

    Eleanor Buxbaum

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy thanksgiving prifti family!

    i am thankful that your liver is in good shape.

    i got an opportunity to practice my ninja skills while turkey-hunting yesterday. i've really come a long a way. i caught four or five, and was able to select my favorite one before setting the others free. of course, it helps when they are bagged and frozen.

    have a wonderful weekend.

    love, josie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Glad that Amanda will be closer to home. I hear that your work at Tabla Rasa is getting much positive notice :)
    I'm grateful to have you and Monika in my life--very strong influences on me and I love all the great times we shared in Brighton (New Haven and Concord too!)
    xxoo
    annie korn dingo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so THANKFUL we know you, your talent, your heart -- and your courage. We give thanks for your continued progress, and send you and your family love and strength for the next round of treatments.
    Tom & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thankful for both of you!
    xo
    Julie & Deb

    ReplyDelete