Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Clean Scan, but with a catch...


Yesterday I got another clean CT scan showing no cancer growth. However the same scan shows a clot forming in my portal vein near the original blockage. The team met Tuesday and took the stent off the table as a treatment because of that, leaving me with the previous symptoms intact. We will be meeting with the interventional radiologist soon to discuss this and look for alternatives, but having the ulcer in my gut complicates everything as the blood thinners I would need to treat the clot (or manage the stent) will also cause bleeding of the ulcer... blood flow in that area is already slow so the chances of worse clotting is likely. (this is not a dangerous clot area for lung or brain damage, different system)

So right now things look grim. We will run all this by all our care takers including, each expert at MGH, and my naturopath and then proceed, to see if there is a way out of this mess for me...

5 comments:

  1. its me your bro. i been waiting for this posting. love you guys. i just been chipping away at the dragon . talk to you soon. black esteban the white mexican.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. dave,

    i'm confident this will be figured out. you have such wonderful, smart people working with you, and who have brought you to this point. their smarts and the positive attitude and energy that surrounds you will make this bump in the road a distant memory.

    best wishes,

    alan and jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you and following your news. I'll be watching, hoping that this is cleared up.

    Fondly,

    Mary Leonhardt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave and Monica,
    I just want you to know that I continue to pray for you. I believe in the power of prayer.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Prif,
    Thanks for letting us know of all the developments and please know we are all with you with our hearts chained together. I wish you the best in getting through this muddle and a temporary setback. Stay strong.
    Love you to pieces, Korndingo

    ReplyDelete